Most aircraft noise is exempt from the statutory nuisance regime and aviation policy and regulation is largely controlled by the UK Government (princially through the Civil Aviation Authority). You can still register a complaint with your local authority though as this will help them measure trends in interest and concern.

Military aviation is controlled by the Ministry of Defence who can be contacted through the MoD Complaints and Enquiries Unit.

Further information on civil aviation can be found on the CAA site here and here. Other useful websites include and

Do you have a noise issue?

If so, check out this information from