Not happy with the service you’ve received?

If you are unhappy with the service provided by your local authority and feel that they can or could of taken action to help, you can make a complaint or ask them to reconsider.

If you would like the case reviewed or would like a fuller explanation you can go to the head of service or team manager and request that an explanation be provided to you in writing.

Alternatively you can make a formal complaint to your Council about the standard of service you have received. They usually have a two or three step complaints process where complaints are escalated if you are unhappy with the first response given.

If you are still not satisfied with the response you may complain directly to the Local Authority Ombudsman. They will take an independent review of your case. LGO produce a useful document that outlines your rights.

Do you have a noise issue?

If so, check out this information from